Tuesday 18 April 2017

Taking a Bit of India with me

I wanted to travel to Switzerland and so saved for a holiday. Slowly I could save enough for my visit to Switzerland. I am a great fan of the Alps and wanted to stay in a place from where I could get a good view of the beautiful mountains. Thus I booked a stay in Interlaken a peaceful city of Switzerland. I booked a room in a hotel from where the mountains were very close and I could have a 24X7 view of them.

The hotel I had to stay in was run and managed by a German couple. Upon meeting them I discovered that they were great fans of India. They had always wanted to travel to India and see a Bollywood shooting.

I was carrying a few Bollywood CD's and DVD's with me and I gave it to them as a token of reciprocating their warm welcome. From that day onwords whenever I went for breakfast I found the same Bollywood music playing in the restaurant that I had given to them.

The View of the Alps from my breakfast table, fresh mountain air and sound of Bollywood music made a heady mix and I saw them and rest of the guests swaying to the Bollywood tunes.

I saw everyone having a good time and whenever anyone asked or complimented them about the choice of music they would point in my direction and introduce me to them. I felt so proud and felt as if I was the ambassador of Indian culture and Bollywood.

Throughout my stay I was treated as a special guest from India. When it was time for me to go. The owner even came to drop me at the Interlaken railway station from where I was to take a train for my next destination. I felt that my India effect had got rubbed on to them and they too were acting like Indians who go to see off their friends and relatives to the airport.

Looking back I felt I was #MoreIndianThanYouThink. It is not just me a lot of Indians leave a positive indelible mark where ever they go and interact with people of other countries and cultures. bit.ly/2oQTj8q

No comments:

Post a Comment